Saturday, July 26, 2008

SUNDAY SERENITY MIXX!
Originally when I began putting this particular mixx together in my head, I had it all planned out about the vibe I wanted to bring. Somehow the music took me where it wanted to go. I like where I ended up, but I definitely got there another way. You know how it is when you are trying to find that one CD that you want to put in the whip (vehicle) to ride to? Sometimes you know exactly what you want to hear, but other times you just see what jumps out at you. That's how my creative juices work when I am making a mixx most of the time. See for me it's not about having the hottest tracks in the streets right now in my mixxes, but it's about trying to create a musical theme. Putting songs together like a collage for your mind and ear stimulation. It's not about the individual tracks so much for me. Yes, I want each track to have enough likability to stand alone, but I also want it to work together with the other tracks that it shares space with during the mixx as well. Yep, I know...it's SIMPLY COMPLICATED!

I call this joint "Sunday Serenity" and it's a mellow rollercoaster of musical sounds all wrapped in a hard candy coated shell. Damn, I think I just described a peanut M&M?? Anyway, all you regulars know the routine by now, so have at it! Anybody here on their first date, welcome and just click around until you find something good.

SUNDAY'S PLAYLIST:

  • 01-Obsidian Blue - Too Strong
  • 02-RH ft. Anthony Hamilton - Kwah Home
  • 03-Jimmey Abney - Come Go With Me
  • 04-Boz Scaggs - Lowdown
  • 05-Donald Byrd - Woman of The World
  • 06-Confunkshun - Love's Train
  • 07-DeBarge - I Like It
  • 08-Floetry - Beautiful Day
  • 09-J*Rawls - Tribute To The Beatnuts
  • 10-Nate Dogg ft. Snoop Dogg - Never Leave Me Alone
  • 11-Gino Vanelli - I Just Wanna Stop
  • 12-Fred Joachim ft. Lauren Santiago - Heat It From You
  • 13-RH ft. Q-Tip/Erykah Badu - Poetry
  • 14-Sweetback ft. Amel Larrieux - You Will Rise
  • 15-Zo! ft. Tiffany Paige - Funny How Time Flies
  • 16-Patrice Rushen - Settle For My Love
  • 17-RZA - Untitled Jazz #12

GET SERENITY HERE!

Then take a gander at this slice of funky spam on the way to you next destination:

Gnarls Barkley - Who's Gonna Save My Soul


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"whos gonna save my soul" is the dopest video i've seen in a long time...I sure hope they do a "no time soon" video...thats my shite.

DJ SoundNexx said...

Whaddup Sasha! It's been a minute. I thought you got kidnapped by aliens or something...LOL?

Yes, that Gnarls video is dope! A little bloody tho...