Monday, July 28, 2008

HOUSTON, WE GOTTA PROBLEM!
I have been debating about doing this post for a few days now, but I finally decided to do it because I just needed to vent for a minute. Personally, I stayed out of all of the hooplah about Whitney and her drug abuse, lesbian tendacies and relationship issues. Yes, I faithfully watched that embarrassing, yet very entertaining reality show Bobby and Whitney did a few years back like the rest of the nosey world. That show actually shined a new/negative light on Whitney in my opinion. I realized that she was not totally who I thought she was, from a fans perspective anyway. Truthfully, I can't even call myself a real fan of Whitney's. I mean she's had some music that I have liked throughout her career, but I don't own any of her albums. At this point, I doubt if I ever will either?
So, Whitney basically vanished from the music scene a while back, I guess trying to get her life together. When she did show up for several musical events during that time, the media would rip her to shreds, basically saying that she doesn't have it any more. She's washed up! The world wants to know if Whitney Houston still has the vocal power she had some years ago?

Anyway, the other day I get this new Whitney song in my inbox. I ignored it at first, but my curiosity got the best of me. I opened up the file and saw that Akorn (Akon) was on the track with her as well. I am not a fan of Akorn's either, so that didn't help anything. After playing the new joint about 3 times, I found myself unsatisfied with the overall effort. It's just OTAY! It actually feels like a comeback track, plus it seems like an apology to her fans record wrapped in a love song? I guess I wanted and expected more for her first single, but...

Check it out for yourselves though:

Whitney - Like I Never Left

If I were her, I would have gotten somebody like Raphael Saadiq to produce my first single...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree.

Anonymous said...

She has clearly lost her damn mind...her brain's been crack jacked cuz her and "Akorn" (lmfao) is like ice cream with anchovies...terrible combo.

How do we get Akon voted off the planet?!?!