Saturday, July 26, 2008

MURS 4 PRESIDENT, SWEET LORD!
I have been meaning to do this particular post for a minute now, but I guess it's better late than never? If you are a true fan of that real underground hip-hop music, than you should already know about my dude Murs representing that Westcoast hip-hop, Cali style. Murs has been doing his thing lyrically for a minute now. As a member of the rap groups The Living Legends and Felt, Murs has definitely put his put his style of honest, yet care free lyricism on the map. Outside of the groups, this man has had a lengthy solo career as well. Personally, I have been an inconsistant fan of Murs since the early days, but it wasn't until he made his first album with producer 9th Wonder that I really began to appreciate his talent. Albums like "Murs 3:16" and "Murray's Revenge" (both produced by 9th Wonder) made me realize that with the right production behind him, Murs is a pretty solid emcee. The best quality about Murs in my opinion is that he's a rapper with a real perspective about life. He knows who he is as a man, and he's not ashamed to share his life's stories with us in rhymes, no matter how tragic they may be at times. I applaud that!

Recently, Murs & 9th Wonder have finally released their third project together entitled "Sweet Lord" and the best thing about it is that you can download it for FREE! I mean a legal download to, not that ole' bootlegging theivery that most of us are used to doing on the daily. Now, that is a real HIP-HOP move ladies and gents. Giving the fans some free quality music, 10 new joints to be exact. In return for this kind gesture, Murs wants everyone to legally purchase his upcoming album "Murs For President" that drops in September of 2008! It's like two albums for the price of one. Support good music dammit!!

First, click on the words SWEET LORD to get the new album...

Then, go to MURS & 9TH to peep out the details...

Finally, hit up my brotha from anotha Murs at:

www.mursmusic.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

about time you posted something on murs. i was going to say something, but i didn't want to get shot or nothing (you know how you do). anyway, great perspective on the great talent that is murs. i've been seeing posts on other sites with preview shots of his music, but i didn't want to mess with it until i had the whole thing to enjoy in it's entirety, and it held up to my expectations...

well, since i'm in a "telling you about yourself mood", why haven't you done a post on 2 big mc's comeback cd? i'm sure hammer will be pleased...

DJ SoundNexx said...

@Kurt - I know man, I've been playing catch and losing dramatically. I'm on it though playa! I'm diggin the new Murs/9th joint too! Hard to go wrong with that duo!

I thought 2 Bigg died a few years back from choking on a spam sandwich with cheese? Hammer said dude loved him some sliced spam...

I do have an album update from one of your favorite old skool rappers though. An I mean real old too...LOL