Thursday, July 02, 2009

K'JON'S FINALLY GETTING AROUND!
There is always a sense of pride when one my hometown bretheren begins his quest for the major leagues. Now, it's K'Jon's turn! We (Detroiters) have been following K'Jon's local career for years. I began listening to his music back in 2007 after I saw him perform live as an opening act for Raheem DeVaughn. Most of the restless concert crowd that night was initially uninterested in the relatively unknown opening act, but once they heard K'Jon sing live their attitudes changed. He had use hooked with his smooth voice and vocal control. The next day I went out and purchased his second independent album "Ballroom Xplosion" from a local record store. One of my favorite tracks off of that joint called "On The Ocean," which is actually the track that is getting heavy rotation on all of the radio stations in 2009. K'Jon's first independent album is entitled "This Is Me" if you are interested in finding it.

Now, the world is getting familiar with K'Jon, which is good for his music career. When I heard legendary radio personality Tom Joyner playing K'Jon's single on his morning show, I knew things were looking up. Going from local radio to syndicated definitely increases overall listenership.

K'Jon will be releasing his third album (first Columbia release)"I Get Around" on August 4th, so be on the lookout. I hope K'Jon blows up worldwide because he deserves it. He's been putting in work for years on the underground scene and he's actually a talented singer. I guess his ship is finally coming in. Continue to support quality music...

Checkout the video for the single "On The Ocean" below:

Peep his websites below:

www.kjon.com

www.thisiskjon.com

www.myspace.com/whoiskjon

No comments: