Saturday, September 08, 2007

PLANET ASIA'S JEWELRY BOX!
I'm back on my hip-hop ish again, so this post is right on time. My favorite Westcoaster emcee Planet Asia is back with a new joint for the hardcore underground headz! I have been a fan of the Planet Asia movement since the late 90s, and while many other rappers from the West seem to have lost their way, Planet Asia has kept it moving consistantly for many years. I have done several posts on this guy over my time blogging, so I won't go too deep into his background, but I will shed a little light on his new joint though. His new album is called "Jewelry Box Sessions" and I feel this is one of his better albums over the last 4 years or so. His lyricism usually makes any beat sound better, but there have been moments where his production has been less than satisfactory. He tends to work with a lot of new and underground producers, so his sound is normally different from his peers. This time around his has a few bangers on here that had me hitting rewind several times. I am a beat man, which means that I tend to like tracks that keep my head bobbin', so I am more than pleased with Planet's newest effort. If you've been unaware of Planet Asia up to this point, it's never too late to get familiar. Check for the Cali Agents (Planet Asia & Rasco) as well for more verses from this dude. If you consider yourself a real hip-hop head, you definitely need a little P. Asia in your collection!

Check out Planet Asia on Myspace:

www.myspace.com/planetasia

An before you exit, be sure to kopp the Planet Asia Megamixx (if you haven't already) that I did last year by clicking the link below:

PLANET ASIA MIXX

No comments: