Tuesday, September 11, 2007

WILL.I.AM IS TELLING GIRL STORIES!
Remember, when the Black Eye Peas were a real underground rap group, minus Freakmowf Fergie? Now, they are a pop group pretending to be rappers. Okay, I won't be that hard on them, but I am not the big BEP fan that I once was today. They have catchy moments from time to time, but most of their newer stuff goes right over my head. Even though I'm not a Peas fan anymore, I am still a will.i.am fan! He production style varies from artist to artist, so I normally like his stuff when it doesn't involve BEP. I enjoyed both of HIS previous solo albums, so I will be paying attention when he releases his third joint "Stories About Girls" on September 25, 2007. The new album has theme, which is based on relationships. This is new territory for Will, but I think he can pull it out. He normally has a slew of featured guests on his projects, and this new album is no exception. Hell, he has produced for just about everybody worth mentioning in the industry, so I would expect nothing less. Since, will.i.am is not Kanye or 50 Cent, you probably won't be seeing any commercials promoting this album. Word of mouth is how most of these artists get noticed, but in Will's case I might be wrong? He is a Pea that's Black Eyed, so he might get the promotion he deserves? Keep your ears open...

HERE IS THE ALBUM TRACK LIST:

01"It's Over"
02"Heartbreaker"
03"
I Got It From My Mama"
04"She's A Star"
05"Get Your Money" (featuring Ludacris and Busta Rhymes)
06"The Donque Song" (featuring
Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg)
07"Impatient" (featuring
Dante Santiago)
08"One More Chance" (featuring Mary J. Blige)
09"Invisible"
10"Fantastic" (featuring Q-Tip and Common)
11"Fly Girl" (featuring The Game, Diddy, Nas, Fergie & Nate Dogg)
12"Dynamite Interlude"
13"Ain't It Pretty"
14"Make It Funky" (featuring
Justin Timberlake)

~Bonus Tracks

15"S.O.S. (Mother Nature)"
16"Mama Mia"
17"Spending Money"
18"Damn Damn Damn"
19"will.i.am vs. Superblack [Pre - Order Only]"


Check out will.i.am here @ www.myspace.com/williamofficial

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the only songs that r hot on there has to b "hearbreaker' and "impatient" which sounds very much like "special feelin" from Diddy...
On that tracklisting Qtip and Common r sposed 2 b featured on "fantastic" but they're not :(
I have mixed feelings about will.i.am...I hate him for dumbass songs"i got it from my mama" then, I luv him on joints like"I want u" from Common...

DJ SoundNexx said...

@Sasha aka Anony - I have to agree with you about this album. After putting ears on it, I wasn't as impressed as I wanted to be. He seemed like he was trying to go left with this project, but that doesn't make it right..LOL! I was a lotta disappointed with the false advertisement of featured guests as well? I am not sure what happened with this album, but I expected much more from Willy...

Thanks for coming thru, and don't be a stranger...

Anonymous said...

Lol...how did u know it was me
I wont b a stranger :)
-Sasha

DJ SoundNexx said...

@Sasha - How did I know it was you? I guess you didn't know that Dionne Warwick was my third cousin! The power of prediction runs in my family...LOL!

Anonymous said...

Well, my psychic friend...Im impressed ;)
-Sasha

DJ SoundNexx said...

@Sasha - Let me give you a lil' tip so you don't have to keep signing your name after every comment:

After you type your lovely comment on here, do this..

Click the circle next to word "Other" then type your name in the first block across from the word "NAME" then click "Publish" and wah-lah! :) No more Anonymous for you...LOL! Just thought I'd share that wit cha...