Friday, June 19, 2009

SOUNDS OF REARVIEW SOUL!
PRushen

Growing up in during days when real artists made real music has made me a fan of th old school for life. One of my favorite soul legends is Patrice Rushen. That was/is a bad woman! Patrice's contributions to music via her solo projects as well as her writing and instrumentation for other notable artists is impressive. If you are trying to get a party started, put on some classic Patrice. Tracks like "Forget Me Nots" and "Haven't You Heard" would even make a man with no legs get up and shake a tailfeather!

Truthfully, if you don't have any Patrice Rushen in your music collection, it's not complete. If you asked Prince (His-Purple-Badness) about Patrice, he'd tell you the same thing too dammit! So, if you haven't already, I suggest that you hit up Amazon and step your soul music game way up. You owe it to yourself.

Well, it's music time again, so get your headphones ready...

I was playing around with some old school tracks the other day, and I decided to record my session for a mixx I titled "RearViewingSoul"...so definitely put ears on it. There are some soul samples thrown up in there too.
Playlist:

01^What Am I Missing - Rufus/Chaka Khan
02^One On One - Hall & Oates
03^Heartbeat - Taana Gardner
04^Georgy Porgy - Toto/Cheryl Lynn
05^Fool's Paradise - Meli'sa Morgan
06^Ecstasy - Ohio Players
07^Head Over Heels - Tears For Fears
08^This Is It - Kenny Loggins
09^Feels So Real - Patrice Rushen
10^Just A Touch of Love - Slave
11^Who Are You? - Loose Ends
12^Mesopotamia - B-52s
13^What A Fool Believes - Doobie Brothers
14^Shackles - RJs Latest Arrival
15^The Glamorous Life - Sheila E
16^Come An Give Your Love To Me - Janet Jackson
17^My Lady - WB & S
18^You Can't Change That - Raydio
19^I Wonder I Take You Home - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
20^Keep On Movin' (Remix) - Soul II Soul

GET IT HERE!

Now, put eyes & ears on the classic sounds below:

Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots


Patrice Rushen - Watch Out



Patrice Rushen - Never Gonna Give You Up



That is all!!!

No comments: