Saturday, May 02, 2009

OLD SCHOOLIN' WITH URBAN MYSTIC!
Urban Mystic is back! I bet many of you didn't even know that he had left, but for his fans it's been a minute. I have been a closet fan of Mr. Mystic since he dropped that ghetto anthem "Where Were You" back in 2004. That joint sounds just as good today. Urban Mystic is an acquired taste for many, but what I dig about the brotha is his ability to be true to his style. When you listen to any one of his three albums, listeners can expect to hear a combination of sultry ballads, rugged beats and street flair. His voice reminds me of a younger K-Ci (from Jodeci fame). The new album is titled "GR III: Old School 2 Nu Skool" and it's out now. Guest appearances on the album include: Young Joc, Beenie Man, Shaggy, Cecile and Phyllisia.

Listen to the reggae flavored track featuring Shaggy called "I'm Waiting" below:



www.myspace.com/urbanmystic

No comments: