Sunday, November 09, 2008

EPMD IS BUSINESS MINDED AGAIN!
When I first got wind that Erick and Parrish were in the studio once again, I didn't know how to feel about it. I grew up buying EPMD cassette tapes and CDs back in the day, so I can't front like I don't want them to be successful in their business endeavors. However, I can honestly say that I am worried everytime they release a new album. I enjoy seeing my favorite artists go out on top of their game rather than being forced out because of dated rhymes and sorry production. Rappers are like boxers because they never really know when to quit. I think veteran rap artists like De La Soul, LL, Q-Tip and Queen Latifah have confused the others with their ability to remain somewhat relevant in the new millennium. EPMD obviously feels like they have more to say in hip-hop, so if you are interested in the new album it drops on December 9th!

Click here for the We Mean Business album sampler!

No comments: