Friday, April 27, 2007

GET BACK WITH LITTLE BROTHER!
One of my favorite new school hip-hop groups out is Little Brother. If you are asking why, then I suggest you exit my site immediately and get your Google on and find out! If you don't know who Little Brother is...be very, very ashame! As a matter of fact, throw your hip-hop fan card in the trash on the way out. Outside of the hip-hop music that they have blessed us with over the years, what I like the most about them is their down to earth personalities. After talking with them extensively, I realize that they are just regular folks that just happen to make dope music. Even with their fame, they've remained grounded and connected with their fans. When you read some of the commentary provided in interviews and on their blogs, you realize that they often leave themselves exposed for criticism. Instead of shying away from it, they seem to seek it out? Honestly, they just don't give a dayum about what anyone thinks, and that's actually refreshing. Phonte stated that he was in the process of finishing up the new LB album "Get Back" slated to drop this year, plus he's also working with Nicolay on the second Foriegn Exchange project as well. If you missed it, LB also dropped the free Mick Boogie/Little Brother mixtape earlier this year as well to keep fans happy while we patiently for the new stuff? My patience is thin dammit!


Before I close the door on this post, I need to say one more thing. I think it's sad the way some part time LB fans continue to shyt all of over my dude Big Pooh! Everyone knows that Phonte is a super emcee with crazy personality, wordplay and delivery, which a rare combination by any hip-hop standard. So, just because Pooh is not Phonte doesn't make him wack! He holds his own on the mic, and in a battle he'd probably out rhyme most of these mumble mowfed rappers out here wasting time and space. Also, if you didn't think that Big Pooh solo album wasn't tight, you're playin' yourself! Ayt, that's all I have to say about that....

Checkout this clip of Phonte and Big Pooh on the road....


No comments: