Thursday, March 04, 2010

THE WU IS BACK AGAIN IN 2010!
I still get pretty hyped about any new joints that drop from the original Wu crew members. Hearing their voices on a rhyme remind me of the good ole' days of hip-hop! I miss the originality and excitement from the Golden Era of rap, but a few of Wu members have kept that spirit alive. One in particular is Ghostface Killa. Some have said that he single-handedly saved the Wu movement with a couple of his earlier solo joints. That's a personal opinion of course, but I think Method Man and Chef Raekwon were doing their thing as well. The three of them have always been my favorites from the Clan, so I was happy to hear that they have united to make the "Wu Massacre" album. Tracks from this joint are already leaking all over the Internet, so be on the lookout. From what I have heard so far, the crew is solid as a rock! Sounds like 1995 all over again.

In Wu fashion there will be three different album covers released showcasing each emcee as a comic book character. The picture above has a cropped shot of each cover. The nu Wu joint drops on March 30th, so all Wu-Tang fans should mark their calendars...

No comments: