Monday, August 24, 2009

FRANKIE & MAZE GET TRIBUTED!
What true music fan doesn't enjoy listening to some Frankie Beverly and Maze? Well, I do know one person that said she didn't like Maze at all, and I almost gave her a fresh one across the face before I caught myself. I don't condone violence over music (normally), but don't push me! As you've probably guessed from my previous statements, I am true fan of these gentlemen. Their music just brings back so many great memories from my youth. Those were definitely the good ole' days! After decades of being in the music business, Frankie Beverly's son decide to recruit some top soul artists to make a tribute album paying homage to the group. It's called "An All-Star Tribute To Maze" featuring artists like Ledisi, Mary J. Blige, Musiq Soulchild, Kem, Joe and Raheem DeVaughn. Of course these tribute remakes can't outshine the original versions, but it's always nice to hear a new interpretation of classic records.

I truly enjoyed the Earth, Wind & Fire tribute album that was released a couple of years ago, so I am pretty sure that I will like this one as well. Plus, I like most of the soul artists singing on this project, so this is definitely a win-win situation for me and you too!

Check out Musiq singing the Maze track "Silky Soul" live below:


Get more information about the album here: www.frankiebeverlytribute.com

1 comment:

Soulrific said...

If you liked the EWF tribute album, then you'll like this one as well. Joe kills it! He does an outstanding job on Can't Get Over You. Oh, and also check out the Marvin Is 50 tribute album. It came out a few years back, but it's an amazing cd as well.