Monday, August 11, 2008

SAADIQ'S BEING RIPPED APART!
Damn, sometimes I feel like Jay-Z when he talks about the gift and the curse in his lyrics. That sh*t is so true when it comes to this damn Devil in disguise we call the Internet. Actually, it's not the Internet itself, but it's the people that use and abuse it. I hate the way folks are just leaking the hell out my dude Raphael Saadiq's new album that will be dropping real soon! I mean damn, by the time the joint drops the whole album will be on the web listed song by song on Zshare files. The most disturbing part of it all is that most of these e-suckaz don't even appreciate the music that their posting. Most are only doing it in hopes of getting more traffic thru their sites. Okay, I'll save that convo for another day and time when I feel like standing on my e-soapbox again...
The good news is that Mr. Saadiq's new album sounds like a classic in the making. I'm feeling that Motown sound for real. Re-energizing old school music with a new twist is always a winner in my book. The album drops on September 16, 2008.
Put ears on it here:

No comments: