Wednesday, August 27, 2008

IS IT J-LIVE OR MEMOREX?
Just recently I found myself crate digging for some dope for my ears and all of the sudden J Live's "The Best Part" album found its way into my hand. It dawned on me at that moment that J-Live has been doing his hip-hop thing for a minute now, but I don't think he's truly found the success he deserves. The guy is definitely talented with skills as a DJ, producer, writer and emcee all roled into one. Most kats in the game today can barely do one of those well and J is exceptional at all four of them. So, why hasn't he seen success yet? Well, it's probably because he's not a gangsta, pimp, drug dealer or ex-drug dealer, plus he doesn't rap about nor own any huge diamond chains, expensive watches or overpriced vehicles. Mr. Live is a real dude with a common life as a school teacher when he's not working in the studio. I know for a fact that most teachers don't get paid squat, so I understand him being a part-time rapper. Ole' will rap for food lookin' azz nukka...!

Anyway, I'm seriously tired of folks sleeping on my dude Live and then telling me how some no skills having cornball is the truth. I've decided to post a few of my favorite tracks from the Live catalog. Personally, I think J-Live can rap toe rings around 82.5% of these katz in the game today with his voicebox ripped out! His rhymes written in braille would sound better than most of those fly by night, BET 106 & Crap rappers that get entirely too much TV airtime...

Enough about that though. Let's get into some dope hip-hop! Feast your ears on the tracks below. Class is in session (Big Pun intended)...


J-Live - Braggin Writes Revisited

J-Live - Charmed Life

J-Live - Wax Paper

J-Live - Whoever

J-Live - The Lyricist

Class is dismissed...

Now, go and purchase J-Live's latest joint "Reveal The Secret EP"...

Then click www.myspace.com/jlive for more info...

No comments: