Thursday, March 20, 2008

SOULGROUND (CHAPTER 1) MIXX!
While mainstream rap music is suffering like a beached whale, the underground hip-hop scene is poppin' like a ghetto girl's bubble gum right now. Atleast, for me it is. My music plate is full (as always), so I stay changing up my music selection. Ironically, I have kept that new Roddy Rod album "Blunt Park Sessions" in heavy rotation for a minute now, and it still sound pretty damn good! It's just a fun sounding album to me, and the beats are crazy! I was already a big supporter of the Low Budget Crew movement ever since I discovered Kev Brown, and it's clear that this crew will be around for a long time. Albums like this is why I don't turn on the radio in 2008 unless I'm trying to get the weather and traffic updates. Like Kev Brown, Roddy is a rapper/deejay/producer that understands the essence of hip-hop music. There are no gimmicks, just straight up hip-hop music with no additives or preservatives. It reminds me what the group Gang Starr brought to the ble back in the day. All beats and rhymes baby, so if that's your thing be sure to check out my dude Roddy Rod!

Check out his myspace page below:

www.myspace.com/djroddyrod

After you check out Roddy's spot, come back and get my latest mixx to enhance your listing pleasure. This one's called the "Soulground Chapter 1" mixx, so definitely put your ears on it:

01+elzhi ft. dwele g - someone as real as her
02+roddy rod ft. chronkite/kaimyr - mouth water
03+pete rock ft. rell - that's what i'm talking about
04+q-tip ft. d'angelo - i believe
05+dutchmassive - i want her
06+lupe fiasco - paris tokyo
07+w. ellington felton - a native love afair
08+blu & exile ft. miguel - cold hearted
09+pryslzz ft. dwele - more than a love song
10+common ft. erykah badu - all night (remix)
11+miles bonny - salmon steaks
12+chaundon ft. darien brockington - take it personal
13+young buck ft. latoiya williams - u ain't goin no where
14+fat joe ft. charli baltimore/gerrell gaddis - walk on by
15+9th wonder & buckshot - go all out
16+carlitta durand ft. jim jones - what if
17+tone trezure - my destiny
18+roddy rod ft. muhsinah/hanu-hum - rude squire
19+foundation ft. sa-ra - the night
20+talib kweli ft. justin timberlake - the nature

KOPP IT!

No comments: