Monday, March 10, 2008

CRUSH THEY SYSTEM DUTCH!
SOUNDSPOT: DUTCHMASSIVE
It's time for me to focus on some real underground hip-hop right now, so get out your Timberlands and too big fitted caps for this one! If I take the time out to post about a specific (not pacific) artist, then you already know that I am fan, because they have impressed me in some way. For those that don't know him, I want to introduce you to a dope emcee reppin' Florida that goes by the name Dutchmassive. Even though most of you may not know him, Dutch is not a new kid on the block when it comes to the rap game. He's been putting in work for over 10 years now. He's started his career out by working closely with another favorite emcee of mine named Celph Titled, and when I realized that I knew Dutchmassive was legit. Celph was a member of the well respected the Demigodz crew back in the day, plus he's an emcee's emcee. That means he goes for the throat with ever verse! Get your Google on for more info on Celph Titled.

I had been hearing Dutch's voice on records back in the day, but I never really paid him any mind. It wasn't until I heard his debut joint "Junk Planet" that I took note. The masses slept on it (myself included), but I finally peeped it in 2005. I dug it! Now, as part of the Rawkus 50 movement, Dutchmassive dropped his second joint called "Crush Your System" back in the last part of 2007. I'm lovin' this album too! It's the full package of beats and rhymes that I like. The overall production is my favorite part of this joint of course. Try not to judge a book by its cover and allow yourself to be open minded when it comes to music. If you swear you like underground hip-hop with no preservatives and fillers, put your ears on DutchMassive and hear what you think.


Consider these two tracks as snacks before the full meal:


Dutchmassive - Evaporate (Junk Planet)


Dutchmassive - Shibli (Crush Your System)


Peep the internet sites too:


www.dutchmassive.com


www.myspace.com/dutchmassive

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This kat is nice! Thanks!