Thursday, August 09, 2007

MADLIB BEAT KONDUCTA INDIA!
If you didn't know Madlib is that dude! He's releasing "Beat Konducta India Volumes 3 & 4" of his instrumental series on August 28, 2007, so mark your calendars. If you were in a comma or in jail, I can forgive you for not hearing "Beat Konducta Volumes 1 & 2: Movie Scenes," otherwise you lost big time if you like instrumental hip-hop! Outside of the late great J-Dilla, Madlib is the true master at telling a story with beats and samples. Sound clips and basslines are meticulously woven together like your great grandmother's afghan, but Madlib seems to never miss a beat. If he does miss a beat, it was probably on purpose. The thing I applaud most about Madlib and his Stones Throw musical family is that they don't mind going against the grain. While everyone is seems to be going right, they are going left and a little bit South. Just peep these Beat Konducta India promo ads out to see what I mean. I never get tired of watching these...




CLICK THE LINKS BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION:

www.myspace.com/madlib

www.stonesthrow.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! Good stuff.....Neva heard of them (him) but I like what I hear so far...reminds me of the beat to Erik Sermon's React and the chick that came out under Dr. Dre "TRUTH HURTS" I THINK.

DJ SoundNexx said...

Damn, Candygurl...you don't know who Madlib is..LOL? If I didn't know as well as I do, I would ban you from my site for such blasphemous talk young lady..LOL!

Naw, that's what SoundNexx is all about though...DISCOVERY! Google Madlib rat'nah...