Friday, June 09, 2006

WNEX RADIO IS BACK WITH "STATION 2"

Growing up back in the day, I used to LOVE listening to the radio! Especially at night and on the weekends! There used to be a mix DJ on a local station here in Detroit (FM 98 WJLB) that called himself "The Wizzard" that did a 40 minute mix every night at about 10 p.m. I used to take my JVC boombox double-cassette radio and literally record every one of his mixes (when I could stay awake)! He usually threw in a new exclusive song during every mix, and you didn't want to miss that for sure! I had cassettes of his mixes everywhere! The Wizzard wasn't that good of mixer to say the least, but he still had thousands of local fans that remaind loyal for many years! Why? Because he made the radio exciting! He made everyone look forward to hearing the music he played! DJ's like The Wizzard no longer exist on Detroit radio in 2006!! The enthusiasm and exitement for the music has been lost as well....?

So, I created "What'z Nexx" (WNEX) Radio to fill my own personal musical void! My version of what I would like radio to be? A little sumthin-sumthin for everbody! I have always made music compilations for my personal enjoyment, which I usually ended up sharing with my friends in the end. Back then it was a just a dub of my 90 minute cassette, which blossomed into CDs and now with downloading via the internet! Who would have ever guessed that I would be sharing my love for music on a blogsite with thousands of people in 2006?? Times have really changed?? It's cool for me though because I love music just that much! Hopefully, some of you are actually buying some music when you hear a song or artist you like here on
SoundNexx? If nothing else, just to smile when you hear one of your favorites, or going back and dusting off one the forgotten classics! Music has been proven to change a negative disposition into a positive one....so get your daily dose!!

Aight...enough with the reminiscing! On to the music.....

Download WNEX Radio Station 2 (wma) Here!

RADIO "STATION 2" PLAYLIST

1- JAGUAR WRIGHT - LET ME BE THE ONE
2- REGGIE WATTS - WANNA GET
3- BASIC VOCAB - COME GET WITH IT
4- EPMD - IT'S MY THING
5- YUMMY BINGHAM - ONE MORE CHANCE
6- CHERELLE - DIDN'T MEAN TO TURN U ON
7- BLACKSTREET - I LIKE THE WAY YOU WORK (TR UPTOWN MIX)
8- BUSTA RHYMES FEAT. Q-TIP - CAN'T HOLD A TORCH
9- DARIEN BROCKINGTON - I LOVE THE WAY YOU LOVE
10-BILAL - HIGH & DRY
11-TEDDY PENDERGRASS - COME ON GO WITH ME
12-BILAL SALAAM - CYBERSPACE
13-BERNARD WRIGHT - WHO DO YOU LOVE
14-MOS DEF - WORKIN' IT OUT
15-R. KELLY - BUMP-N-GRIND (OLD SCHOOL REMIX)
16-DOGG POUND - I DON'T LIKE TO DREAM ABOUT GETTING PAID
17-STRANGE FRUIT PROJECT - IN THE SUN

Oh yeah, I am trying to take SoundNexx to the next level with podcasting (music streaming)! That will make my mixes available for listening if you can't download them? Folks have been asking about that, so I am looking into it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hot mix dude... i really miss the exciting days of radio. looking forward to the next edition!