Wednesday, February 01, 2006

THE SAMPLE THIS LESSONS (SESSION 2)
Ahmil Questlove (shown on the left) has been a musical inspiration in my eyes and ears for the last decade! Yes, he is the drummer/producer of my favorite hiphop band, "The Roots," but he's also the frontman behinds underground groups like Little Brother, Chapter 13, and Supastition. If you follow Questlove, then you know this man has a deep appreciation for classic soul music. He has several musical side projects sharing his love of classic soul music, but one of my favorites is his "Babies Making Babies" compilation series. With this series, Quest highlights some of his favorite slow jams, so you gotta love that! If ?uestlove is involved with a music project, you know it's quality!!

Recently, I heard a mix that Quest did...revealing the original samples of his favorite songs over the years, and I got inspired again! He basically, mixed only the original samples, so I used that idea in my Sample This Lessons (Session 2) Mix! This mix has a lot of goodies in it, so make sure you listen closely to each sample. These are all samples used in hiphop at one point or another by artists like: Mos Def, Kid N Play, Wu-Tang Clan, Run DMC, LL Cool J, Notorious B.I.G, Blackmoon, Rob Base, Jay-Z, and many others! This mix will be available for download for a limited amount of time, so if you want it....get it while it's HOT!!

Download this mix here!

Also, don't forget to leave your favorite love songs or groups in my previous post called, "LOVE SONGS 4 MY V-DAY MIX" shown below!

Before you leave, make sure you checkout the newly added "NEW MOVIE TRAILERZ" section on the right under the video player. Checkout Snoop Dogg's "Tenants" trailer, where he's trying to be dramatic..(yeah, okay)! Now, I ain't no punk, but that dayum "Omen 666" trailer is some scary ish!!! Check it out, if you ain't scurrd???

No comments: