Monday, June 02, 2008

IT'S THE JUICE CREW, BIDDIES!
I've been a true hip-hop fan for decades now, and I personally don't think hip-hop has lost its edge like many others. Yes, it's full of gimmicks these days, but I know you old heads remember early rap groups like The Afros and Digital Underground. Gimmicks have been a part of rap music since the beginning, and will continue to be if it makes money. I try not to get all emotional about it. It's just music folks, so keep it simple. Just listen to what you like and avoid the stuff you don't. Outside of the fans debating about what's wack or not, a lot of the older hip-hop artists are coming out of the Land of the Lost trying to make a come back using this topic as well. They're trying to resurrect what they feel is REAL hip-hop music. It's cool for me because I truly dig most of the old school rappers hitting the scene once again. I'm still waiting on Tone Loc to pick up the mic again and do "Funky Cold Medina Pt. 2" featuring Young MC and MC Hammer. While the masses wait on Carter 3 to drop, I'm waiting Mr. Loc...


I didn't see this coming actually?? The next emcee up taking a shot at reversing the ill effects of rap music in the new millennium is my dude Craig G from the original Juice Crew. If you don't know about the Juice Crew, bow your head in shame first then Google it! Knowledge is power. The Juice Crew's ring leader and HPIC is the legendary Marley Marl providing all of the production, so Craig can spit venom freely knowing that the beats are good to go. The album is called "Operation Take Back Hip-Hop" and it drops on June 17th. If you are already a fan of Craig G's style then I think this album will be right up your alley. If you are looking for some nexx level hotness, this joint may sound dated, but if you're seeking some traditional boom-bap from the 1990s era this Operation may fill that void. Marley is still putting down some solid beats, and he's very consistant on this project. I don't want to sway your opinion either way about this album, so just check out this track and hear what you think...

Craig G feat Krs-One - Rock Dis

Support good music...

No comments: