Friday, May 25, 2007

ERYKAH BADU IS THE REAL THING!
As far as female soul singers go, I would have to say that Erykah Badu is one of my favorites. I still remember the first time I saw her perform live on BET (when they played real music) before her first album dropped with the enormous headwrap and the inscents burning. She just had this really cool swagger that made me pay attention. Once her debut album "Baduizm" dropped I knew that Ms. Badu was far from a gimmick, but actually a breath of soulful air that made my eardrums have an eargasm! Well, I guess it wasn't that serious, but the shyt sounded real good dammit! Other than a couple of recent guest appearances with Sergio Mendez and Strange Fruit Project, we haven't heard much from Erykah lately. Rumor has it that Ms. Badu is planning to release three consecutive albums this year?? Yep, I said 3 dammit!! Now, that's what I call an overdose of the Badu-duizm! That's a very aggressive approach to releasing music, but her fans will be very grateful if it really happens. Hopefully, I will be able to ask her about it personally when she performs here in Detroit next month? If you haven't seen Erykah Badu live yet, you need 2! It's a memorable experience to say the least. Checkout this clip to get a little taste of her live show...

ERYKAH BADU LIVE

Also, checkout this new cut from Erykah Badu "Real Thing" produced by Madlib! I don't know if this track will be featured on her upcoming project(s), but take a listen anyway.

ERYKAH BADU - REAL THING

Only real Erykah Badu fans know about this.

Before you leave...checkout this new track "Hate On Me" from Jill Scott too!

Soul music is looking up for thee 2007 Season...

No comments: