Friday, December 15, 2006

SLOW JAM GROOVE 2!
I'm taking a break from the hip-hop music for a minute, so I am switching gears and smoothing things out with some slow jam grooves. This compilation is a mixture of old school and nu-skool soul classics that I enjoy personally. Honestly, there are not many artists these days that actually make quality slow jams for some reason. Most of the young pop/soul artists make those "bubble gum" type tracks that are mainly targeted for the 13 to 17 year-old audience. I'm sorry, there isn't much that Ne-Yo and Omarion can tell me about love and relationships! I guess that's why I mostly stay in the Isley Brothers, Teddy Pendergrass & DeBarge era when it comes to slow jams. The 70's & 80's had some of the best music ever released, and that is why that era of music is constantly re-recorded and sampled so heavily. Soul artists like Dwele, Eric Roberson, Raheem DeVaughn, Jill Scott, Kindred Soul & Anthony Hamilton have dropped some nice cuts in the new millenium, but there still seems to be a definite shortage in my opinion. Maybe one day things will change, but until then SoundNexx will try to keep serving that soulful goodness from yester-year.....

"It's time to get into a serious soul jam groove!"

SLOW JAM CLASSIKZ 2 TRACKLIST:

1-LOVE, WANT, NEED YOU - PATTI LABELLE
2-I MISS YOU - DARIEN BROCKINGTON
3-READY OR NOT - AFTER 7
4-PLEASURE U - JON B
5-FOR THE LOVER IN YOU - SHALAMARR
6-OBSTACLES - ERRO
7-SHOOT EM' MOVIES - THE DEELE
8-ONE DAY AT A TIME - DWELE

9-FALL IN LOVE - THE ISLEY BROTHERS
10-HOUSEKEEPER - MEN OF VISION
11-DON'T DISTURB THIS GROOVE - THE SYSTEM
12-I WANNA LUV U - DONNELL JONES
13-OOOH THIS LOVE - AL B. SURE
14-HEALING - JAGGED EDGE
15-LADY DEJOUR - JOHNNY GILL
16-IMAGINERY PLAYMATES - RENE & ANGELA

GET IT HERE!

No comments: