Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SOUND SPOT: J. TAIT
Are you ready for some more soulful talent from the new Motown era? Of course you are! Nexx up is Mister J. Tait who just happens to be a song writer, music producer and a dope singer. I call that a triple threat. I had the privilege of seeing this young man perform live during an unplanned performance at the recent Eric Roberson concert intermission. The host of the show spotted him in the audidence and called him on stage. J. Tait did his thing! He kicked a nice acapella that had the crowd vibing. At that time I didn't know that Mr. Tait's "Things On My Mind" EP Part. 1 was on the streets. Once I put ears on it, I quickly realized that he is a great singer. He's has an old school feel with a new school twist. His EP has a retro soulfulness to it. If you enjoy soul singers like Jaheim, Calvin Richardson and Urban Mystic, Dave Hollister, Sam Cooke, J. Tait should be on your radar.

Put eyes on J. Tait's first official music video for "It's Just My Imagination" (Temptations classic remake) directed by and starring Dwele:


Get the J. Tait EP here--->Tait on iTunes and there--->Tait on CD Baby

Find out more about J. Tait by clicking on any one of the following links:

www.myspace.com/jtait1

www.facebook.com/j-tait

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that means you haven't been paying attention to my #certifiable plugs! (umm hmm) JTait was on my radar quite a bit back ~ the brother is on point!

DJ SoundNexx said...

Oops! :)