Wednesday, July 07, 2010

SOUND SPOT: JOY DENNIS
Good soul music brings me JOY, so today I am bringing you a hot singer named Joy Dennis representing Jacksonville, Florida. I heard a nice track from this young lady a few months back called "He Waits" and immediately became interested. Joy sound is a jazz and soul infusion that can keep your head bobbin' one minute, and have you mellowed out the next. Her sound reminds me a little of Ledisi, but she's definitely not a clone. Ms. Dennis is doing her own thang. Her debut album "Music Is..." is proof that Joy Dennis has a great future ahead of her. Each song reveals something different about this singer. No track sounding the same. One of my favorite tracks on the album is called "Good Lovin" which has this hypnotic piano intro. I really enjoy the live instrumentation displayed throughout the album. No computerized software or program can ever truly duplicate the beautiful sound of real instruments...

Give Joy Dennis' album a listen here: MUSIC IS...


www.joydennismusic.com


Put eyes on this live performance by Joy and her crew:

1 comment:

Ian Mendez said...

I enjoyed reading your poost