Monday, October 30, 2006

THE WICKEDEST OF THEM ALL!
Is it Halloween already? Damn, time flies! At this point in my life Halloween means nothing more than getting some good candy at work, preferably Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! They are normally pretty fresh during this time of year by the way. All of that traditional ish like dressing up and handing out candy is for the pigeons. For those of you that enjoy doing that kind of stuff, have at it. Where I live it's pretty cold in the evening hours, so walking around the dark streets in 40 degree weather, sufficating in a plastic Superman mask with a plastic cape tied around your neck sucks more than Karrine Steffans. Okay, let me stop before I ruin Halloweenie for all of you little kiddies out there that are pretty excited about it.

Outside of eating way too much candy, Halloween is a time where people can dress up as their favorite fictional character. Even though I don't dress up like anyone, I would like to pay some hell-riddin' homage to one of my favorite horror film fictional characters right now. Honestly, I am not really a fan of horror movies in general. The reason is that most of them are pretty stupid overall. Why sex-crazed college kids have to drive 69 miles to an abandoned camp sight to get murdered is beyond my comprehension? Plus, crazy folks running around with axes and chain saws have never really interested me. When it comes to fictional characters, the top dawg on my "most wickedest" list is definitely the Lead Cenobite himself, Pinhead from the Hellraiser movie series. Hellraiser was one of the first horror movies that I actually enjoyed.

Why? Why not?? First of all, he was definitely the most stylish kat raising hell on Earth. How many dudes can sport a black leather-trenchcoat-dress ensemble and make it look hellishly fly! Damn sure not Jason, Freddie, Mr. Myers or Leatherface. Them katz dress like dumpster diggin' homeless people. Jason's pants and coat stayed ripped, dirty and wrinkled. That was not a good look for Mr. Vorhees, I'm sorry. When he got a day off from killing innocent college kids, why couldn't he take a needle and thread and hook his gear up some? Hell, he could have taken is stuff over to Leatherface's crib. That retard was pretty good with a needle and thread! Jason was just a lazy bastard though! That's probably why he never ran after his victims during the chase scenes either? Just another reason why he's at the bottom of my best villian list. Okay, enough on Jason Vorhees a.k.a Lazy Azz. Back to Pinhead, the Cenibote of the hour....

Where was I?

Secondly, Pinhead always drops a little evilistic poetry on his hellbound victims just before he sends the hooks and chains to dig into their flesh. Pinhead makes them feel like what is about to happen is a good thing. Pain is pleasure! Lastly, Pinhead is blackman. Yep. I bet you didn't know that little g-whiz fact, did you? I know, I know. Captain Elliott Spenser (a white man) was transformed into Pinhead. So, how can Pinhead be black? Just look at the nails that are embedded in his head. Notice that they are all perfectly aligned with notta one out of place. In hell-ality, the nails are Pinheads hair, right? Still with me? Okay, so what race of people to do know other than blackfolks who keep their hair that tight? Nobody. Whether it's an afro, fingerwaves or a head full of nails, a brotha will always keep his hair tight, unless the money's low? If something is outta place, then we'll throw on a wave cap and call it a day. I saw the previews for the upcoming Hellraiser VIII flick, and Pinhead will be sportin' a red wave cap when one of his nails becomes crooked on the top! Believe me now? You heard it here first.....

As a tribute to my man Pinhead on Halloween, I have put a little strange compilation together revealing some of wickedest hiphop beats I have come across over my years of listening to music. Beats that fall into the my wickedest category were ones that opened my ears to new possibilities or just had my head bobbin' uncontrollably. Either way, these tracks have shaped my life in the genre of hiphop. This is the first volume of many to come. It will take me a few volumes to really scratch the surface on the many dope beats that have blessed my ears over the past years. Enjoy!

HIPHOP'S WICKEDEST BEATS VOL. 1

1)) TONITE IS A SPECIAL NITE (REMIX) - TRICKY (RZA)
2)) TUNED MASS DUMPER - EL-P (EL-P)
3)) WU BANGA 101 - GHOSTFACE KILLAH (MATHEMATICS)
4)) THE EXCLUSIVE - PERCEE P (J DILLA)
5)) THE UNSEEN - QUASIMOTO (MADLIB)
6)) THE SHIT IS REAL (REMIX) - FAT JOE (DJ PREMIER)
7)) MOMMIE, WHAT'S A GRAVEDIGGA (REMIX) - GRAVEDIGGAZ (PRINCE PAUL)
8)) WATERWORLD - ENCORE (THE AUTOMATOR)
9)) TRAGEDY OF WAR - COMPANY FLOW (EL-P)
10) DRUNK INTERLUDE (KANKICK)
11) BE ALERT - 7L & ESOTERIC (ESOTERIC)
12) KOOKIES (MF DOOM)
13) DWIGHT SPITZ (COUNT BASS D)
14) SUPER STAR - GROUP HOME (DJ PREMIER)
15) WHEN I'M FLOWIN' - RAKIM (PETE ROCK)
16) DON'T YOU AGREE - MR. COMPLEX (CASPER)
17) SING IT SH*TFACE (EDAN)
18) C.S.S - JIGMASTAS (DJ SPINNA)


GET IT HERE!!


I added this photo because I thought it was pretty original! A pumkin transformed into a 10 pound hamburger is genius!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U got some dope beats on this one mayne! Nice stuff!!

Anonymous said...

That Group Home track used to my cut back in the day! Now, I have to dig through my CDs and pull that album for sure now.

Cool site.