Wednesday, April 07, 2010

FREESTYLE SESSIONS WIT TOUCH!
I still love a good freestyle! It's the old school hip-hop head in the me. I know in 2010 freestyles ain't really free no-mo, but it still gets me hype to hear an emcee truly handling the mic-device. Whether written or off the top, it doesn't really matter to me as long as it is D-O-P-E! Over my many years of music travels, I have heard the best of the best that ever did it. For that reason I am not easily impressed, so these newer kats have to really say something for me to take notice. Confidence is key, and if it's lacking I will immediately hit pause and change the station. I feel that a freestyle is just like a resume for an emcee. It's an opportunity to make that first impression on potential fans, so don't blow it. You wouldn't turn in a poorly crafted resume if you were trying to get a job, so rappers shouldn't be freestyling with garbage rhymes. If you can't freestyle, stay in your lane and just make records. Everybody is not built for the freestyle game.

Recently, I came across several freestyle video clips from the Shade45: Toca Tuesdays hosted by Tony Touch on Sirius. Here some of my favorites freestyles from the bunch. Potential rappers take notes...



That is all...

No comments: