Saturday, March 25, 2006

THE CLASSIK JAZZ SESSION!
"I got the jazz, you got the jazz, we got the jazz..."
It's time for a little jazz my peoplez! Jazz is the backbone of most of the music we listen to today. I have met many people over the years that swear that they don't like jazz at all?? I quickly tell them, I bet you there is atleast one song that you love right now that uses a jazz sample that you are unaware of! The cool thing about jazz is that in todays music buffet of choices it comes in so many forms such as, traditional, big band, smooth, acid, hiphop, break beat, contemporary, etc. Another unique twist about jazz music is that it never ages. It's timeless. Whether you are playing a jazz album from 1978 or 1998, it always sounds good. How many other genres of music can stand the test of time in such a way?

Now...there are great songs and there are classics! Everyone has their own opinion about what songs are considered classics, but there are some exceptions that just about everyone would agree are in the classic category. Today, I will be sharing some of those jazz classics with you. Think of this as a jazzical voyage. This voyage starts with "Breezin" by George Benson, then we cruise along with some "Sweet & Saxy" by Kim Waters, "Oriental Folk Song" with Wayne Shorter in the middle. We end it nicely with Joe Sample killing it on "Night Flight" and Donald Byrd closing things out smoothly with "Onward Til Morning!" Some songs you may know, and some you may not, but let it all sink into your earholes anyway just because these cuts deserve your full attention!

If you dislike jazz at this current time, I still encourage you to get this mix and listen to it! This is the kind of music that can change your mind about this great creation called JAZZ....

Download the "Classik Jazz Session Mixx" here for a limited time!

Don't ever say that I never gave you anything!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»