Saturday, January 12, 2013

SOUNDNEXX HIPHOP GIRL STORIEZ MIXX!
The subject matter of women are a common thread in the male dominated world of hip-hop music. Recently, I've heard a few newer tracks on this topic by some of the younger rappers, and for the most part they stunk! There was no originality, creativity or real emotions showcased whatsoever. I don't mind explicit lyrics, but use them with purpose. Younger rap fans need a hip-hop refresher, so for that reason I dug in my music archives for some classic joints.

I made a mixx showcasing some of my favorite raps songs discussing the female species. These lyrical stories vary in content, but their good nonetheless. I think a part two of this mixx will be necessary because I was unable to include all of the tracks I wanted. Put ears on it immediately if you love hip-hop!

The Storiez:

freak these tales    murs
passin me by    the pharcyde
big daddy    heavy d
ms. fat booty 2    mos def ft. ghostface
how's it goin down    dmx
age ain't nuthin' but a #    chi-ali
i'll be there for you remix    method man ft. mary j. blige
i see now    cons ft. little brother/kanye
those gurlz    snoop dogg
discipline    gang starr ft. total
find a way    a tribe called quest
complexity    the roots ft. jill scott
luv u better    ll cool j
selfish    slum village ft. kanye
baby phat     de la soul ft. devin tha dude
pink & blue    andre 3000
what's on your mind    rakim
let me tickle your fancy    ed o.g. and the bulldogs
confused    diamond d
it's over    d-nice
funky dividends    three times dope
paragraphs of love    ghostface killah ft. estelle

GET GIRL STORIEZ HERE!

No comments: