Sunday, December 12, 2010

NEXX IN HEAVY ROTATION!
I get asked frequently what I am currently listening to in my iPod, so I decided to do a post showcasing of the joints I currently have in rotation. Place your eyes on the albums covers below:
When I first came across this Nottz album "You Need This Music" I wasn't expecting much. Nothing against Nottz personally, but most rap music today stinks. However, after putting ears on this joint, it has grown on me like a rash. It's fully of solid rhymes and catchy production. Plus, featured guests include: Dwele, Bilal, Royce 5'9, Black Milk, Little Brother and Joel Ortiz!

Slakah The Beatchild is one of the hottest producers in the game, and his latest joint "Something Forever" showcases some of his best work to date! This is good stuff no matter how you slice it, so don't sleep!


If you are looking for some smooth grooves with an old school feel, you need to put ears on this new El DeBarge "Second Chance" album. I was surprised how good this joint sounded, but I may be biased because I am a serious DeBarge stan.


You may not know about the soul singer Iman Williams, but you need to! Her new album "Stupid Human Tricks" is definitely my kind of soul music. Sweet vocals and solid production.

The new R. Kelly album "Love Letter" is definitely his best in years! He's back to actually singing instead of thug rapping. Welcome back Kels...we missed you!

2010 has been a great year for music, and I hope 2011 is even better!

No comments: