Saturday, February 27, 2010

SOUND SPOT: JIMETTA ROSE
I have been jamming to the sounds of Jimetta Rose since the end of last year. It wasn't until I had a quick message exchange with my dude Fave on Twitter, that it dawned on me that I had not done a post on this worthy soul singer. I'm going to do her background description Jet Magazine centerfold style! Jimetta lives in California, and she's a painter, poet and revolutionary that enjoys shopping at thrift stores, rockin' cowboy boots and flat sandals. I love it when singers can actually SING! I really dig Jimetta's voice and her overall style. Her fun-loving attitude and confidence shines through her lyrical content. She truly seems happy living her life with a sense of balance between career, love and spirituality. If you haven't already, take a listen to Jimetta's debut album "The Barber's Daughter" to hear what I am talking about. Her joint is 13 tracks deep, and it has been getting much rotation in my iPod! Two of my favorite album tracks are "Sweet Necessity" and "Glory Us" because they are just dope in my opinion. Do yourself a favor and get familiar with Jimetta Rose sooner than later. I think we are going to be hearing more good things from this young lady. Support quality music...

Put eyes on this live video clip of Jimetta singing the track "Glory Us" below:

Get Jimetta Rose's "The Barber's Daughter" album here!

www.myspace.com/queenjrose

www.jimettarose.com

1 comment:

Fave said...

Thanks for putting me on to Jimetta. Baby girl is the truth. . .