Sunday, February 24, 2008

ERYKAH BADU CHANGES AMERYKAH!
Ms. Badu has not lost a step since she dropped her classic record "On & On" back in the day, and in 2008 she's still taking even larger strides musically. Her genius is unmatched when you combine her originality, style, creativity, and obvious brilliance. She has managed to make a lane all her own on the musical freeway a.k.a the music industry filled with rehashed carbon copies. While many have conformed in hopes of being successful, Ms. Badu has stayed going against the grain. I would consider her successful as well. Let me be frank by saying that Erykah Badu is the ish, and don't you let anyone tell you any different! I'm rarely impressed with live shows, but the first time I saw her perform live back in the late 1990s I knew I had witnessed something special. Seeing her perform a third time in 2007 made it clear that she still hasn't lost a step when it comes to putting on a great live experiences. It's not a just a concert, it's a journey of musical pleasure takes your love of her music to another level. If you haven't seen Erykah do her thing live, you have definitely been missing out. Do yourself a favor and catch her live when she comes to your town. Don't be a cheap sucka neither!


If you don't know by now, Erykah is releasing her new album "New Amerykah: Part One" on February 26, 2008. The album has been getting plenty of promotion around the internet and record stores, so I know real music lovers are feenin' for this joint. I promised myself that I wouldn't post anything about this album until after I put ears on it first. Now, that I have had the album in rotation for a minute, I can say that I fully digested it. It took me about three good listens to get the full understanding of this album. There are a lot good messages embedded throughout the joint that may get overlooked on the first couple of listens. Erykah is definitely taking her fans to a different level musically, but it's all for the good. We need more albums like this to remind us that being different and taking risks is important. Not only is it important, but it's necessary to keep real music alive. New Amerykah is soulfully groundbreaking! I won't go into too much detail about the album because I want you folks to form your own opinions after hearing it, then we can talk about it later. I will definitely be purchasing my copy of this hot joint on Tuesday, and I hope you will too.

Show Erykah some love here:

www.myspace.com/erykahbadu

Let me show you some love by clicking below:

Love Hangover


Erykah Badu - Love Of My Life (An Ode To Hip Hop)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Picked Amerykah today, can't wait to listen. I love Erykah's video "Honey", it is DOPE! All those great classic album covers, I knew just about all of them too! That "Jessica Cleave" garb just blew me away! Amerykah may just get me to give Ms Keys a rest and let go of the "Lesson Learned" for a minute. Peace.

Anonymous said...

new amerykah is an instant classic in my opinion

VIOLATOR ALL-STAR DJ'S, DJ JAM X & WEB

22 EXCLUSIVE ORIGINAL CUTS!!!!

COPY AND PASTE THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD....

http://www.zshare.net/download/72304356b897e2/