Thursday, December 20, 2007

REMEMBER THE EMCEE RAS KASS??
I was recently digging in my music crates again and came across this hip-hop gem from yester-year. This Ras Kass debut "Soul On Ice" was one of my favorite albums in 1996 and the main reason why I became a Ras Kass fan! Ras was one of the elite left coast emcees in the game (and still is in most respects), but never got his props in my opinion. As dope as this album was many folks totally slept on it. The lyrical content on this album was exceptional because it not only entertained, but it forced the listeners to think at the same time. I stayed hitting the rewind button to catch every word spit throughout this album. I feel that Ras Kass was ahead of his time when he dropped this project, so if you've never heard it you should. "Soul On Ice" sounds just as good today as it did back in 1996. If you enjoy well written lyrics and impressive wordplay in your rap music, this joint is right up your alley. If Soulja Boy is your favorite rapper then yoooouuuu should definitely Superman your azz right past this post!

Check out two of my favorite songs off of this album and hear what you think!

Ras Kass - Earth As It Is

Ras Kass - Nature of The Threat

1 comment:

Todd (Big La) Kelley said...

one of the most prolific emcees of today. Love his first two albums. Great post.