Thursday, August 27, 2009

IT'S A SCHOOL GIRL KRUSH
This particular mixx was inspired by my younger female cousin who I'll refer to by her nickname Solokiki for the sake of this post. I want to keep the potential stalkers at bay. Anyway, she enjoys music, which is something that we definitely have in common. Like most of the young ladies in her age group, she has several male artists that she likes. While picking songs for this mixx, I was reminded about the Al B. Sure album "In Effect Mode" because all of the teenagers at that time had a major crush on that guy. He could do no wrong. That's back when being light-skinned with wavy or curly hair was in. It didn't matter one bit that the dude had a unibrow either. Don't get me wrong, Al B. had a hot debut album and I won't try to pretend like it wasn't. Hell, I still play that joint from time to time.
So, I put together a few of my favorite tracks from younger male R&B artists that have been doing their thing over the last few years. Many of them are one hit wonders, and I have tried to showcase those hits on this mixx. I call it "School Girl Krush" and even though I don't listen to most of these artists on the regular, it actually came out pretty dope! That's my opinion anyway, so now it's your chance to create an opinion of your own.
Playlist:
01-Jeremih - Starting All Over
02-Mario - Just A Friend
03-J'Son - Take A Look (Remix)
04-Ray J ft. Lil' Kim - Wait A Minute
05-Bobby Valentino - Give Me A Chance
06-Omarion - Tryna (Remix)
07-Myron - Destiny
08-Pleasure P - Under
09-Usher - Can U Get Wit It
10-Lloyd - Get It Shawty
11-Jeremih - Birthday (Uptempo Mix)
12-Soul For Real - If You Want It
13-J. Holiday - New York Girl
14-Drake ft. Trey Songz - Successful
15-Trey Songz - I Gotta Go
16-Lloyd ft. Wayne - Girls Around The World
17-New Edition - Cool It Now
18-Mario ft. Cassidy - 18
19-Jesse Boykins III - Sunstar
20-Chris Brown - Yo (Excuse Me Miss)
To download this mixx click the "more options" tab and have at it!

No comments: