Friday, April 17, 2009

REINTRODUCING VALVIN ROANE AS V!
Soul singers come and go. While many are just average acts searching for opportunity, there are a few that make a lasting impression on music lovers. In my book Valvin Roane II a.k.a. V is one of those that impressed me a lot with his debut album “The Revelation Is Now Televised” back in 2006. I still remember going to the BBE Music website every other day to hear the album snippets until I finally got my copy. Actually, my friend Honeysoul slid me copy of the promo joint on the low-low. The somewhat underground tactics used to promote that album caused it to be overlooked by the masses. It was considered an instant classic to V’s core fans, and definitely deserved greater exposure. If you’ve been downloading my mixxes for any length of time, you’ve already heard nearly every track from his debut album by now.

Fortunately, V has finally released his second album (digitally) entitled “The Soulution for Life Is Love” for all to hear. I’ve listened to the new album a couple of times now, and I like it. While it doesn’t have the same feel as the first album, there is much to appreciate. I already have a few favorite tracks that I keep on repeat, and now it’s your turn to pick some favorites of your own. You have 19 tracks to put ears on, so have at it. Support good music...

Listen to track snippets and/or purchase V’s new album at: www.
soundclick.com



www.myspace.com/vsign

1 comment:

Soulrific said...

V's last album was tight. Hope this one is just as good.