Saturday, December 30, 2006

AFRO SAMURAI CARTOON!
Who said SoundNexx only knows about music? Hell 2 tha Naw playa! I know about other cool stuff too. Here's a SoundNexx trivia fact that most of you didn't know. Outside of my love for dope music, I also have much love for martial arts flicks. Old ones, new ones....I don't give a dayum honestly! I like them all. I am a big fan of the old classic Shaw Brothers flicks though. You gotta love classics like "The 5 Deadly Venoms," "The Kid With The Golden Arms," and "Super Ninjas" to be a REAL martial arts movie buff in my book. I also enjoy watching adult cartoons like "Family Guy," "The Boondocks," and "South Park" when I get a chance as well. Most of the time that stuff is hilarious. Spike TV is pushing my idiot box experience to a new level in 2007?

Spike TV has created a new show that has the best of both worlds (no R. Kelly) called, "Black Samurai." My man Samuel L. Jackson is doing the voices for two of the characters "Afro Ninja (No. 2)" & "Ninja Ninja." The story line is simple, if you watch martial arts movies in general. Afro Ninja No. 2 witnessed his father lose a battle after being beheaded by another character named Justice who wanted the number one spot in the ninja world. Now, Afro Ninja wants to avenge his father's death by killing Justice. A typical plot for a ninja cartoon, right? This joint has lots of blood and gore just how I like to enjoy my anime! Remember that scene in "Kill Bill Part 1" when Quinten used classic Japanese animation to cleverly show Lucy Lui's character as a child doing assasinations? Afro Samurai pretty much has the same look, except the characters are black.

Okay, now on to the music. You know there had to be some music involvement somewhere in this post, right? Afro Samurai has a dope music soundtrack too. Production duties are handled by the one and only RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan! Plus, there are guest appearances from respected hip-hop artists like Big Daddy Kane, Q-Tip, GZA, Talib Kweli and many others. The first episode drops on January 4, 2007 on Spike TV (check your listings for times), but if you can't wait go to www.spiketv.com and watch it on New Year's Day.


Here are a couple of sites you can checkout for more info about this show:

www.spiketv.com

www.afrosamurai.com

On that note, this concludes my post for 2006!

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I'll catch ya'll on the flipside.....

No comments: